FontLab version 18.104.22.16878»
6 January 2018
As a special gift for the New Year, we extended the trial period for this build by ten days. Enjoy!
Crosshair cursor (FontLab Studio 5 style) is available as an option while using Contour, Pen and Rapid tools. It can be turned on in Preferences > Editing > Show cross.
- “Open Glyph Panel” command added to contextual menu in Font Window and Glyph Window.
- Copying a selection of glyphs in the Font window gives a list of glyph names on the clipboard (for pasting into other apps)
- In the dialog that appears when closing an unsaved font, the option “Don’t Save” can be triggered by the keyboard shortcut Command-Delete (Mac-only).
- The New Layer dialog sets and maintains focus in name field.
- Encoding menu of Font Windows remains open while handling groups of encodings.
- Enter key triggers the OK button in more dialogs (excepting the most complex ones).
- Placeholder characters are shown in Font Window after new blank glyphs are created.
Fixes in the 6.0.2 release include the following issues:
- Some hints/links are lost when opening a MM font in VFB format.
- FontLab sets itself as the default application for OTF and TTF files.
- Brush tool is not using a high resolution cursor.
- Arrow keys cannot move the contour while Free Transform is being used.
- Actions do not work for the artwork on the Sketchboard.
- Under certain conditions, a pasted contour is scaled up and flipped vertically.
- Paste Special for metrics doesn’t change glyph status to edited.
- Assigning OT class in Glyph panel only works on one at a time.
- Cannot apply custom encoding not belonging to any group.
- Cannot add glyphs to classes using the Classes panel.
- Python scripting: .index attribute in CurrentGlyph().index of fgGlyph().index causes a crash.
- Color transparency has no effect in Preview window.
- Horizontal scrollbar does not work properly in Glyph Window.
- Incorrect curve tension is applied in exported TTF fonts.
- Generate Glyphs does not create non-standard ligatures.
- Non-ASCII characters in the path prevent variable font to be exported.
- Hebrew and Arabic placeholder characters are missing in Font Window.
- Script chosen in the Preview panel is not remembered.
- Glyphs named Tcedilla, tcedilla, Tcommaaccent and tcommaaccent are not handled correctly.
- Element > Separate Contours to Elements disables Undo.
- Tooltip for text size in Window bar uses a different format than default tooltips.
- Bezier handles are reset when using arrow keys.
- Open kerning window with several glyphs causes a crash.
- Profile dialog always shows information from the first one.
- Custom profiles are not properly saved among sessions.