Glyph Window Contents»
The Glyph window has the following parts:
We call the main part of the Glyph window the Editing area. This is where you edit and view your drawings.
The Glyph window Property bar is dynamic, aside from some static elements on the left and right:
- The switch for the Content Sidebar.
- The Metrics toggle, which enables or disables the glyph metrics in the Glyph window.
- The Kerning toggle, which enables or disables kerning in the Glyph window.
- The Mark Attachment toggle, which enables or disables mark attachment in the Glyph window.
- The Font dropdown menu, which allows switching the current window’s contents to a different font, keeping the same text.
- The Glyph dropdown, which allows switching the currently active glyph to a different “related” glyph.
- On the right side, the Glyph window property bar contains the same Flag and Search box as the Font window.
The middle section of the Glyphs window Property bar changes depending on the tool selected. Please refer to the Property bar section for details.
Top and left rulers»
Rulers show positions of various elements in the Editing area. Please see the Rulers section for details.
The part of the Glyph window can be taken by the Metrics table. It can be switched on and off with the View > Metrics Table menu command. When working on glyph contours you usually do not need the metrics table, and can switch it off. Please refer to the Using the Metrics Table article for further information.